The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is coming holiday 2020. I have to admit here that I still haven’t decided whether I’ll buy the PS5 or go with the Xbox Series X. The most important thing for me is knowing that there will be great exclusive games to play on each console. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the PS5 exclusives coming in 2020 and 2021 and release dates if applicable.
In this video, you can see the confirmed exclusive titles coming to the PlayStation 5 in 2020-2021 but a few don’t have a release date just yet. Also keep in mind that these are console, console & pc, and time-exclusives, not just console exclusive titles.
Among those PS5 upcoming titles we can find the following games:
- Astro’s Playroom (PS5-exclusive) – 3D platformer developed by SIE Japan Studio for the PlayStation 5, and designed to take full advantage of the haptic feedback and adaptive controller of the PS5. It’s a sequel to Astro Bot Rescue Mission and it will come bundled with the console so you won’t even need to download it.
- Deathloop (time-exclusive) – A first-person action-adventure game developed by Arkane Studios. It puts players in a time loop, where you found yourself in a mysterious island, where an eternal struggle between two assassins will determine the future of the island. The game will also be released for PC as well.
- Demon’s Souls (PS5-exclusive) – An action-adventure game a remake of the original Demon’s Souls from 2009 (PlayStation 3). This title was built from the ground up to take advantage of the powerful PS5 hardware. It will support ray-tracing. If you love Bloodborne and Soul-like games, you’ll love this one.
- Destruction Allstars (PS5-exclusive) – A vehicular combat game developed by Lucid Games for the PlayStation 5. The game takes place in a battle arena where players pitched against each other in an intense competition. Try to wrack as many cars as possible. Physics look great!
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5-exclusive) – One of the most anticipated titles, at least for me. The popular series is back with yet another brand new game for the next-gen console. Developed by the very talented studio Insomniac Games, this game takes full advantage of the PlayStation 5 hardware. This includes instant level switching, full DualSense controller support, and Ray Tracing as well. One of the titles I’m hyped to play most.
- Returnal (PS5-exclusive) – A third-person shooter science fiction psychological horror video game, developed by Housemarque. It combines action with roguelite gameplay into a third-person shooter. Players need to survive in a hostile planet that changes in every death (procedurally generated I guess). Will supports DualSense adaptive triggers.
- Horizon Forbidden West (PS5-exclusive) – A sequel to Horizon Zero Dawn, but this one is developed exclusively for the new console and not PC and set to be released in 2021. Like its predecessor, the story takes place in a post-apocalyptic open world and played in a third-person perspective. We can expect even prettier visuals and more immersive gameplay this time around.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5-Exclusive) – Action-adventure game from Insomniac Games. This game will be a PS5 launch title and won’t be available on the PlayStation 5. This is also one of the most anticipated titles for the PS5.
- Gran Turismo 7 (PS5-exclusive) – Another entry to the popular car racing game series. The game was announced on June 2020 at the PlayStation 5 reveal event and showcase really beautiful graphics with an emphasis on ray-tracing that really showcases its beauty with all those amazing dynamic ray-traced reflections. As of the time of writing, we don’t have a scheduled release date.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Time-Exclusive) – A timed-exclusive that will be later released for the Xbox Series X and Microsoft Windows as well. Plan to be released in 2021. An upcoming action-adventure game. Tokyo is overrun by deadly supernatural forces and it’s up to you to use your powerful abilities to fight the paranormal threat and unravel the mystery behind the disappearance of the population.
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5-exclusive) – I personally not a big fan, but we can’t deny that it’s one of the cutest types of games around. The game similar to its predecessor in the LittleBigPlanet series, feature 3D platforming but this time in 3D rather than in 2.5D as its predecessors.
- Godfall (Time-exclusive) – PS5 first in 2020, after PC (also expected in 2020) and later on Xbox Series X. This is an upcoming action RPG game developed by Counterplay Games and published by Gearbox Publishing. The game is already listed on Epic Games Store under ‘coming soon’ (2020 as mentioned in the game’s page). This game is a third-person looter slasher features melee combat and it looks absolutely stunning.
- Project Athia (Time-exclusive) – An upcoming gorgeous action-adventure game. No release date as of the time of writing. It’s the first game and a brand new IP being developed by Luminous Productions, a Square Enix’ game studio.
Keep in mind that there probably will be more titles coming to the PS5, those who haven’t been announced yet, and of course more revealed will take place after the console is released, maybe a short time after.
After going over all of those amazing games, especially the PlayStation 5 console exclusive ones, I got myself really hyped. But we shouldn’t ignore all the other amazing PS4 exclusives that we can expect a sequel to be released for the new console as well but probably not that soon. For example, Bloodborne 2, Uncharted 6 (Probably not but I can be optimistic), a new Final Fantasy game, Persona 6, The Last of Us 3, Days Gone 2, a new sequel to God of War, and others.
So if you plan to buy the PS5, you need to take everything into account, not just the games that are going to be released on the day at launch but also those coming down the road.
I hope you enjoy this article if you do consider sharing it and I hope you enjoy my new SpookyFairy blog.