Hogwarts Legacy was announced by Warner Bros. Games on September 16, 2020. Not a lot has been said about the game, but in the press release, I was able to get some information on what we can expect to see in the game and how it’ll play.
Hogwarts Legacy is a single-player open-world, action role-playing game. The first thing that was negative for me was not being able to play with other people in multiplayer. I mean, imagine fighting huge beasts with friends or having wizard PvP battles. There is so much potential in there, and it seems like this is not the big game that I hoped for.
That being said, as a fan of Harry Potter, this is one of the games that I am looking forward to playing the most and I hope it won’t disappoint.
Things we know about the game:
- It’s a single-player, open-world action role-playing videogame (RPG)
- It sets in the 1800s wizarding world
- It’s an untold story, so players will create their own story within game’s scripted narrative
- Players will be able to grow their character’s abilities as they obtain and master powerful spells and combat skills
- We can tame Fantastic Beasts, have them as our companions to fight against deadly enemies
- Players will journey to areas beyond Hogwarts to both new and familiar wizarding world locations like Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade Village
- Game is coming for PS4/PS4 Pro, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC
- Release date in 2021 (no exact date given)
More information you can see in this video, alongside Hogwarts Legacy game trailer.